Monday, May 29, 2006

Guest writer number 1...





Welcome to my first guest writer in the blog incarnation of Jacki's Jabberings - Sergio!! He's recently been to one of my favourite places (and old home-town) a working holiday and wanted to tell everyone all about it. Thanks for the contribution!

Hello everyone,
It's me once again jabbering about things work-related and Forecasting in general.

This week I wanted to blurb on about my visit to Tasmania. It was the best working holiday I have ever had. Everyone was just wonderful and I felt very welcome. My aim is to visit again in winter and see just how cold it can get J

While in Launceston, I had the chance to work with Tess and create the mini shift review for Service. At the same time as working on the review, I was able to meet Kim, Centre Manager for one of the centres there and have a great discussion on expectations from operations from our shifts. This discussion was an excellent opportunity for me to get a better understanding of Kim's requirements moving forward. It is my hope, I can make a similar visit to other contact centres, getting to know the other Centre Managers and creating a more amicable relationship.

Although it was hard work, I still had time to get to know the CCQ team and most people in the centre. Thank you everyone for inviting me to dinner. I had a great time! If you are in Launceston ever, go and spend a meal at the Suwan Thai Restaurant, food is great and very affordable. Also, go see the monkeys in the city park. It's just amazing to see monkeys in a park and not be charged entry. There is a lot of history in Launceston so make sure you read a bit about the town itself. You will then be able to plan a great sight seeing tour.

If you are as un-organised on holidays as me; http://www.wotif.com.au/ is great to see what hotels have availability. They release rooms 2 weeks in advance so you can save up to 50% on your stay. I recommend getting to Hobart and going to the markets on Sunday. Great fudge stall and jams galore. Take your brolly. It can start raining in a flash!

Tassie, you are in my heart now and I hope to be back very soon. I also hope, if you come up and visit Sydney, we can take you out on the town.

Sergio

No comments: