Thursday, December 21, 2006

And so this is Christmas...

I received the annual christmas letter from my Uncle yesterday. this year it was in pdf format and received via email, so I guess things have changed a bit from when I remember Mum getting organised with the photocopying and the personal writing on the bottom of each one and then an enclosed photo of the family sent off months in advance (my Mum's a very organised person) to reach teh overseas friends and relatives.

Anyway, I'm digressing. I thought it might be a good idea to do my Christmas letter on here. These annual events always prove an interesting time to reflect on the highlights and lowlights and to take stock of the previous year to clear the air in preparation for the next one.

So what have been the features of 2006 for me?


  • My brother Bronte's wedding to Bec
  • My sister Mel's wedding to Brownedog
  • Alison & Steve's wedding
  • Bec & Luke's wedding
  • Karen & Anthony's wedding
  • Travelling all over the country to attend weddings: Perth, Melbourne, Port Douglas, Perth, Launceston. Whew.
  • Learning to Bollywood dance
  • Buying and moving into my apartment
  • Mum & Dad visiting me in Sydney
  • lots of other visitors now I finally have a spare room
  • Sandy moving to the inner west
  • Seeing Hugh Jackman in The Boy From Oz
  • Bloody missing Beth Orton in concert again!!
  • Sadly farewelling my Grandma
  • A dodgy flatmate and freeloading swedish backpacker experience
  • Moving into the shiny new office building
  • And I started this blog!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!!

Jacki

No comments: