Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The first step is admitting you have a problem

Hello, my name is Jacki, and I'm an addict.

I blame Madeleine. I went along just to keep her company and was determined that I did not need another pair of Birkenstock shoes.

I have 2 pairs already. And they last practically forever. And I don't need another pair.

Maddy really wanted a pair, though. I was happy to take her along to the specialty store so she could make the most of the opportunity during her Sydney visit.

Maddy sorted herself out with a lovely pair. Although she did have a bit of trouble deciding between two that were both very nice.

Once she decided, she insisted on me trying on the other pair. They happened to be in my size.

I wore them out of the store, with my old pair in the box.

I think maybe I need to stay outside the shop next time. Either that or demand a commission from Birkenstock. Do you think they'd pay it in store credit?

They are beautiful, though. And they'll last just about forever. And I'll get a lot of wear out of them.

I can justify this.

No comments: