Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Holiday Joys – Part 2

Has anyone else out there ever been in a float tank. It was one of those things that was there at the accommodation and you totally feel like you have to give a go.

I personally enjoyed the whole float tank experience. It was pretty strange. After we booked in, there was the whole question of float tank etiquette – what do you wear? Deo you turn up in your bathers? Shower beforehand? How do you know when you’re done? Is it going to be like a coffin? What if I freak out?

Just for reference, the answers are: Nothing. No. No, that’s part of the process before you get in. There’s instructions about the music being played in there so you know when to get out. No. You open the hatch or get out.

I really enjoyed the experience. There were a few initial things to figure out – like how to put in earplugs, and the correct positioning of the neck-cushion so you don’t get a sore neck, and what to do with your hands. But once I got the hang of it, I ended up so relaxed I actually fell asleep in there. It was also way larger than I expected, which helped with my main reservation about the whole experience.

The only weird bit was waking up after drifting into the land of nod and being a bit disoriented about where I was. After a few seconds, though, all was good and relaxing again.

After an hour in there, followed by an hours’ massage, followed by an hour sitting on the beach reading my book, I don’t think I could have possibly been more relaxed! I highly recommend the whole experience.

No comments: