Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Quick Update

It's ridiculously busy here with impending deadlines all over the place, so I'm afraid this won't be lengthy. In fact, you may have to put up with a dot-point posting....

  • The cold wasn't as bad as first thought
  • The weekend was pretty good - first one I've had at home without visitors for ages
  • I have a new flatmate...How that came about is another story so will have to wait
  • Good luck to Sandy, who's off to Cape York for a month to work with the indigenous communities there. You'll be great, have a great time, and I'm proud of how brave you are (and how little you actually packed after all the angst!)
  • This week is complete craziness work-wise. There are literally not enough hours in the day at the moment!
  • Thank God for Cecilia! Despite being given only a sketchy, rushed and piecemeal introduction to the role, she's doing a great job already, and actually doing a pretty good job of understanding me as I ramble and mumble my way through trying to explain what I'm doing.
  • Yay! Ronene's back on Friday. Well, yay for me, but probably not for her (and not just because she's bringing me duty-free!) Can't wait to have her back - it's really not the same if one of my girls is away...
  • Welcome Daryl who is visiting from Melbourne for a few days. It seems they'll let anyone into the building these days... ;-)

J.

No comments: