Monday, January 15, 2007

New Toy

Gotta love new toys. Especially free ones.


My mobile phone contract had expired and it hadn't been really suitable since I stopped having a landline, so I spent Saturday morning mired in phone bills and phone company Internet sites. Since it's me, I had to do a full analysis, based on my last couple of phone bills, of exactly what the best deal was for me. Spreadsheets were involved. Formulas too. It was all very complicated, but in the end I got there and found the perfect plan for me.


Armed with this information I headed off to my local outlet for that particular phone company (conveniently located in the same shopping centre as my usual supermarket).


I fronted up, asked a couple of questions that hadn't been clear on the website. The answers were satisfactory, so I agreed to sign up then and there.


All good, I was happy. The next bit of news made me even happier, though...free phone! I wasn't really in need of one as I was perfectly happy with the one I had. But the free phone was the swanky newer model of my current phone...better camera, a few new features, a few of the little things that annoyed me previously sorted out, and it's a 3G so I can make video calls.


If I knew someone else with a 3G phone, that is....


No comments: