Tuesday, January 30, 2007

22 things

  1. Camping was truly amazing
  2. I did get really dirty and smelly
  3. Not too much, though as there were showers (20c worth of hot water doesn't go too far though!)
  4. I did go for a walk in the bush
  5. I didn't go for a swim (sorry, just too cold!)
  6. I did get sand in my shoes
  7. I did cook on an open fire (with very able assistance)
  8. I did cook on a solid fuel cooker (much more difficult)
  9. I was more relaxed whilst camping than I have been since my last big holiday (Christmas 2005)
  10. I did sleep in a tent, with my socks on
  11. I did see possums and wallabies (and just missed seeing a giant goanna)
  12. I did get attacked by various flying, biting insects
  13. I did sit on the beach in the sun
  14. I did hike a long way up a hill to go to the loo
  15. I love camping
  16. You should always take more water and more tea-towels than you think you're going to need
  17. And spare batteries
  18. Cups of tea taste much better when they're made in a billy-can
  19. The South Coast of NSW is truly beautiful in many, many ways
  20. I'm sad that I'm back
  21. I'm resolved to go again really, really soon
  22. I may have gone tent shopping on the way home....

No comments: