Monday, March 05, 2007

Faster than a Speeding bullet

Recieved a call from my friend Nic in Tassie today. I was in the middle of a conversation so asked if I could call her back.

I tried serveral times over the next couple of hours, but all I could seem to get was a busy tone. Given that I didn't really think she was quite that popular, I emailed her. Here's an abridged version of the exchange...

(email)
J : Trying to call you but can't get through as your phone's engaged.
(phone)
N : What number are you trying to get me on?
J : xxxxx
N : you've got 2 of the digits around the wrong way. How have you managed to get that wrong all morning??
J : I've obviously got it wrong on your speed dial.
N : I have a speed dial? Nice to know I've made it to the speed dial list.
J : We have these new VOIP phones. You get 100 of them.
N : I don't feel quite so special anymore.
J : Well you're pretty high up the list.
N : How high?
J : Number 19.
N : 19? That's not very special!
J : But I obviously have to put the everyday work numbers on first. They take up 1-7.
N : So I'm, like, 12th then?
J : ...Plus most people have more than one number on there. You're actually both 19th and 20th...

The rest of the conversation takes place.... A few minutes elapse.

(email)
N : RING ME! I need to talk to you again and now you're on voicemail.
(phone)
J : Sorry, I just logged out of my phone to get your speed dial to update....

No comments: