Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Smug again

Last Thursday, my first morning back to work after being on holidays, I'm walking to the station.

To get there I walk along a fairly busy road - 2 lanes each side.

Each night, after the rush hour traffic has gone away, one of those lanes closes and becomes parking spots. This is called a clearway.

Very early the next morning, the clearway turns back into a traffic lane.

This is a good thing. Traffic can get through quicker and everyone gets to work on time.

You may have noticed that I'm writing this like a children's story. This is to demonstrate the simplicity of this concept. If you're not following so far, well, I think you may as well give up and go away now. And maybe never come back.

This, however, seems to have been too difficult a concept for one particular person. A nasty, selfish, rusty-red-corolla driving person.

They had remained in the clearway.

Whilst this doesn't necessarily affect me directly, I admit to being annoyed on behalf of the motorists trying to get to work on time, and if I'm going to quite unreasonable about all this, I'm sure it's bad for the environment or the planet or something with all that extra car idling time.

So on Friday the same thing happened again. And it wasn't some abandoned vehicle thing, the car wasn't there when I walked home Thursday night. Some idiot was deliberately blocking the clearway.

Then the weekend came along and I forgot all about it.

Monday morning, and I'm treading the familiar path to the station. The familiar red car's there with a nice parking ticket.

Hehehehehehehe

Not that I would ever laugh at someone else's misfortune.

Hehehe

Tuesday morning it's back again. Cheeky bugger. You'd think he'd have learned his lesson after a nice $75 parking ticket. but Noooo he's still back parking there again!

This morning he was getting towed, just as I was walking past.

I had trouble containing my cheering.

I'll keep you posted....

No comments: