Monday, March 05, 2007

If you can hear it, you're already in danger...

I had a very enlightening day yesterday.

Actually it was a very lightning day.

I watched a documentary on lightning that I'd taped from earlier in the week yesterday morning.

Then last night we got this.

I'm a bit of a fan of a good lightning storm, and this was one of the best I've seen. I was also very lucky to have a sensational panoramic view of some of the best bits of the storm. I spent yesterday evening sitting out on my balcony oohh-ing and aahh-ing at every big flash and boom.

I wasn't, however, prepared to go as far as some storm fans, who could be seen climbing to the bare top of the hill in the park across the road from my balcony. Especially after having just watched a documentary replete with lightning-strike victims....

No comments: