Thursday, February 08, 2007

An email conversation

I had plans for dinner with my friends Bridget and Catriona this weekend. A true copy of our email conversation:

B: Can I please take a raincheck on our drinks this Sat? I have gone out
way too much the past 2 weeks and I am now paying for it. I really need
a quiet weekend in on the couch resting my old bones.

J: Yeah, actually it's been bloody busy for me lately too, plus my laptop
is in for repairs and is bound to be bloody expensive.
Catriona - are you OK with a raincheck?

C: No worries at all- I have been quite sick the past few days and think i
need a bit of recuperation myself!

B: So it's agreed. We are all getting old and soft!

J: That's the same as mature and full-flavoured if you happen to be a cheese
or a wine!

C: and i am totally a cheesy wino!!

No comments: