Saturday, April 21, 2007

The Wait is Over

Yep, that was probably a bit mean, leaving you all in suspense like that. I'll put you out of your misery now, I promise.

So on Thursday Ronene and I rocked up for our 15 minutes of fame and went to the taping of a TV show. Even more exciting, we were actually ON the TV show. Yes, that's right, we were contestants on Ready Steady Cook!!!

I won't give the game away and tell you who won...I'll update details of when it's being aired when I know them so you can watch and find out...

Instead, here's 10 things you may be interested in....

  1. Professional hair and make-up is kind of fun...for the first couple of reapplications. After that I felt a bit like I could have scraped the layer of goo off my face with a spatula. And actually make that just make-up, there still isn't too much anyone can do with my hair (short of a wig or hat).
  2. The food on the show actually tastes as good as it looks.
  3. Janelle Bloom was always my favourite chef on the show, but now I've met her and discovered she's really nice as well, she's even more my favourite.
  4. You can make food look really professional if you just present it right. (Yup, it's taken me 30-something years to figure this pearl of wisdom out)
  5. Strawberries are more impressive than apples
  6. You get to keep the aprons when you're a contestant
  7. You also get special "knife-handling" lessons. After which you have to sign a waiver in case of knife injuries sustained on the show.
  8. It's pretty nerve-wracking getting down those stairs. And the rest.
  9. Professional chefs can do some pretty amazing stuff.
  10. Lots and Lots of fun!

No comments: