Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Welcome to my Spam

So I've been in this new team a week and and things are going swimmingly. I'm having fun and doing well so far.

But I have to admit I'm a bit disturbed by the behaviour of one new work acquaintance.

To give you a bit of background, I hardly know this person. We have been in meetings twice and I doubt we have even spoken to each other directly.

Then this person, who shall remain nameless so far, especially as I would have been hard-pressed to remember her name if I'd run into her in the communal office kitchen, sent me an email this morning.

Yep, it was one of those horrendous chain email "funnies" (yes, that's in inverted commas for a reason). 14 meg of inbox-clogging wav file titled "keeping the kids quiet".

Needless to say, that hit my trash just as quick as any other spam email crossing my path.

Does anyone else think this is just ridiculous? Shouldn't you at least know someone properly before you start bombarding them with crap?

Update

Several Hours later, this arrives in my inbox.....


"Hi All,
Just letting you know I will be away tomorrow and Friday on annual leave.
This is especially for the coffee run.
Have a good weekend!!!
See You on Monday.
Another short week, I could get used to this.
Cheers,
Annoying emailer*"


*Not their real name

No comments: