Monday, June 25, 2007

What Jacki did on Hiatus - part 1

I mentioned a weekend away in my last post. Yup, I headed down to the deep south of New South Wales, almost to Bateman's Bay - which is conveniently also close for my sister and cousin to get to from Canberra.

We headed down there on the recent Queen's birthday long weekend. On the down-side there was some pretty hairy weather on the drive down (Jacki: "Is it a problem if I can't actually see the road?" Passengers: "Just follow the car in front with the hazard lights flashing"). I'm a bit of a granny-driver and found it pretty stressful. On the up-side once we got far enough South, we managed to miss the worst of the weather that tore through and made a huge mess of parts of northern NSW.

So 8 of us had a great long weekend, eating and drinking and playing a lot of board games.

From memory we managed at least one game each of....
  • Scrabble
  • Speed Scrabble
  • Scattergories
  • Cluedo
  • Pictionary
  • Balderdash
  • Uno
  • Backgammon

We cooked up a storm and even managed a long hike along the beach. Good friends (and family) and good times.

These weekends are never long enough.

No comments: