Monday, October 09, 2006

Chef Jacki's tip of the day

Mmmm...I made felafel rools from scratch last week. I've never really been game to give the whole thing a go as I've never been able to cook chickpeas to quite the right consistency.

A big thanks to good old Sydney Morning Herald whose weekend paper a few weeks back advised me to boil them with a bit of bicarb soda in the water. A simple yet oh-so-effective trick that made the best felafels. I didn't even need a food processor (lucky since I don't have one) and just used my potato masher. Added a few secret herbs and spices and shallow fried in my Tefal thermospot frypan (that is great, even though I've never yet seen the spot change colour).

Serve with lebanese bread, lettuce, cucumber, radish, chilli sauce and cottage cheese. Yum!!!

No comments: