Thursday, October 19, 2006

Hi, from the Apple Isle

Hi everyone,

made it to Tassie safe and sound after a particularly crazy week of lunches, dinners, trips to the airport, sister's wedding, and spending time with my gorgeous niece.

The trip itself involved a red-eye flight from Perth to Melbourne, a 3-hour layover there, and a flight to Launceston. I was in great form by the time, as you can imagine, and it has taken me pretty much until now to recover.

Plus, I've realised that I've managed to not only continue one of my least-favourite traditions, but to make it worse!

Somehow, every year I manage to travel to Tasie in October. Not a problem in itself, I know. It's really just a problem that Tassie changes to daylight savings at the start of October and Sydney at the end of October. So what usually happens is I get here, and by the time I adjust I go back just in time to have to get used to non-daylight savings for a week and then have to change again. This year, I've managed to add WA time into the mix as well. Bleurgh. Can't everyone just get coordinated?

Anyway, back to the important stuff, I'm having a ball here catching up with Nic and Kristina today. Tomorrow is brunch with Rebecca and dinner with the bride's family. Saturday is the big wedding day and Sunday is (hopefully) recovery, then Monday I head back to home, sweet home. Phew!

Lots of updates promised for next week!!

J.

No comments: