Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Updated Haloumi Kebab recipe

For anyone who tried (or is considering trying) my Haloumi Kebab Recipe from an earlier post, I got a bit adventurous on Saturday night and came up with what I think are some improvements and thought I should share them.

Firstly, I marinated the mushrooms for an hour or so before I threaded up. I did this with balsamic vinegar, a drop of sesame oil, red wine, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic and ginger, stiffing frequently. YUM!

Secondly, instead of popping these under the grill, I used my brand new Jamie Oliver Tefal Shark Tooth Grill. It certainly browned everything up a little better than the stove grill, and they cooked a little faster as well. Totally loving my Tefal cookware at the moment.

Trust me, these are the best thing since sliced bread (better, maybe)...you should give them a go!

No comments: