Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Exciting visitors

I had a phone call from my Mum yesterday. She still lives in Tassie, although her and my Dad spend a lot of time touring around the country in a big motor-home. They've decided to come visit me in Sydney for a long weekend at the end of the month, before they set off on their next big tour (to WA for more time with their favourite grandchild, plus my sister's wedding). Yay! Mum & Dad have only made it to Sydney to visit me once since I moved here (4 years ago one week from today!) even though we've seen each other in various different locations several other time since then. They also certainly haven't seen my new apartment, something I'm very proud of (in case you haven't been able to tell!) and now I finally have room for them to come and stay properly.
I'm not quite sure what we'll do yet. They quite like shows, but I've searched Ticketek and CitySearch websites and there's not really anything suitable on while they're here. Any suggestions from my loyal readers (particularly the Sydney-based ones...or anyone who's been to Sydney and enjoyed doing something)?? Feel free to post suggestions via the comments - keep in mind Mum doesn't enjoy wine and neither of them are as agile as they used to be, but we have a spacious and comfortable car and lots of enthusiasm.

Cheers!

J.

No comments: