Friday, July 21, 2006

Guest Writer - Visitor!

One week in Sydney by an Adelaide girl.
I started my visit to Sydney on Sunday afternoon with a trivia contest raising money for Oxfam. Our table did fairly well and ended up with lots of magazines and mouse mats to share between us. As it turns out, Lawn bowls clubs have really cheap drinks! I had a great time, met some great people and had lots of laughs.
The next day it was time for my first bus commute into Sydney and everything went pretty well. I visited the new WBC building and was very impressed with the views, the decor and the funky furniture. The day ended with a fabulous curry and celebrating Jonathan's Birthday.
The next day, I yet again found out that someone doesn't regularly attend after work drinks (we all drive to work in Adelaide!) cannot keep up with hardened Sydit'sites and that's pretty much all I remember about Tuesday night drinks. those Branch Resourcing gals can really hold their own!
On Wednesday night we went to a pub trivia evening a very enjoyable, but we didn't actually win anything. (Yes, it was definitely due to the broken speaker).
On Thursday night we had a fabulous dinner at Emperors Choice and Jacki and I shared a very large plate of Spicy Tofu (which, as always was the food highlight of my trip) Also at dinner were Briohny ,Darrell, Jo, Sergio and Linh. It was great to catch up with everyone again!
By Friday I had experienced pretty much every commuting scenario, missing the bus, waiting in the rain, not being able to catch it as it was full, running to catch the bus and having it pull away just as you get to it, catching the train, waiting over an hour for a taxi in the city before giving up and even making my way in by myself on Friday morning. I especially like Friday afternoon drinks and am looking forward to some Veggie Yum Cha for lunch tomorrow with Sergio and Linh!
It was great seeing all the guys in Sydney again and especially meeting Peta and others for the first time. I think I'll have to do this every year for the change of scenery and to experience the lovely Sydney hospitality!
Nicole

No comments: